We believe that learning is exciting and an intriguing part of children’s play and of all that they enjoy.
It is our intention to instil a lifelong love of learning and to foster in each child the vital social skills needed to achieve positive lifelong development and the ability to contribute to the wider community.
We value our team and are committed to encouraging and supporting them in their professional development and in maintaining their wellbeing. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect our team, parents, visitors and volunteers to share this commitment.
We welcome parents as valued partners whose attitudes and beliefs influence their children’s learning throughout life.
- We believe in the strength of the individual and the family unit and identify that co-operative support aids and nurtures that strength and independence. We encourage parents and friends from the locality to become actively involved in the life of the Centre so that we can understand and celebrate diversity, learning from and delighting in the achievements and successes of all
- We believe exploration and enquiry in early childhood is the foundation on which children build the rest of their lives: early years education it is not just a preparation for the next stage – it is vitally important in itself.
- We believe that everyone should be respected and valued, so that they will value themselves and know how to respect and value similarities and differences in others.
- We believe that young children learn most effectively through the medium of play and need opportunities to explore both the indoor and the outdoor environment.
- We believe that all children should have equal access to our curriculum.
- We believe that children should become independent learners, confident problem solvers and develop a lasting love of learning.
Our policies cover every part of Centre life. They address the practical implications of how to achieve our vision, ensuring that agreed values underpin day-to-day decisions and actions.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY